DOES INSURANCE COVER THE KNEE WALKER?
- Some insurance companies may cover some or part of the cost of the Knee Walker.
- You will need to check with your particular insurance company to determine if they provide any reimbursement for this product.
- We are considered an out of network provider with insurance carriers.
- Every insurance plan is different. So if you would like to verify coverage, please follow these steps:
I. Get diagnosis code(s). This is something that your doctor uses to identify injury or surgery. Someone at your doctor’s office will be able to provide it for you.
II. Know the insurance code for a knee walker (also called HCPC) – E0118
III. Call the phone number on the back of your insurance card.
IV. Inquire with the representative if code E0118 is covered by your plan.
V. If there is coverage, find out the amount or percentage that is covered.
VI. Ask if there are any special requirements for coverage such as a rental vs. a purchase or an in network provider.
WHEN IT’S TIME TO SUBMIT FOR REIMBURSEMENT, SEND YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY THE FOLLOWING 3 DOCUMENTS:
- Final Bill with the product code and price.
- We will e-mail you a letter of medical necessity that will have to be filled and signed by your physician.
- A prescription that will also be provided by your physician. Make sure the Doctor states the product and the diagnosis on the prescription.
Submit all the documents to your insurance company and follow up with them on a regular basis.
Handling your claim by your self will exponentially increase your chances of getting reimbursed by your insurance company.